TANGBAND"spires"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am a newbie here . Any one experience "spires" speakers by "CSS" how it sound from movie and music (jazz, classic and rock ballads). How low it goes, can it play music with out a subwoofer. 'coz i have a friend who was in China right now and he will be back this coming weekend. I ask him to find me some tangband speakers there (hope he could find any) and i need to decide which tangband speaker should i buy. btw is W3-319S1s is the same as W3-319Sc, 'coz i can't find W3-319s1s in tangband list from home websites. Your comment and suggestion will be well appreciated. Many thank's.

Hello
I am the designer for the Spires.
The tuning is made to each person from 85hz up to 125hz depending on what kind of power you want to go threw them.
Higher power handling higher tuning.
The 319S1 is completely different than the 319SC as on the TB site.
Any speaker you see on theTB site does not mean you can get it.
TB has a catalog with over 500 speakers in it so you see nothing realy and any one in the catalog can be changed in anyway shape or method to a new part number.
Look at the 28-847S Nuera sells to the 28-847SE Parts Express sells.
They are 100% same driver just black trim on the face ove the silve.
Now 2 different part numbers.
Back to the Spires.
Tuning of the Spires will not reach low enough for those wanting low end bass.Hands down never will after all there is only 4 3" speakers.The top driver is used as a tweeter.
If you used 16 you can get a lot more low end.

If you are using a sub anyway as most HT people are that is why I designed the Spires.100% HT or Audio with a SUB.
With Audio the 3" drivers speed is very fast and detailed.

For the price a design that is a barging to say the least.
If the Spires does not hit the low end you want drop me a email and I have a few other designs that might.Some using the TB drivers.

Al

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.