Alignment Type

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry again about my questions that are very basic, but if I ask them means I haven't found any "reasonable" answer to my questions.
So ... what about different alignment types (Bessel, Butterworth, ...) and order (second, third, ...).
Up to now everything seems to me "magic" or simply matter of opinion.
That is, when I take into account a driver characteristics, what is the "best" choice ? By "best" I mean "under some circumstancies".
But what ?
I don't fear mathemathics (I'm a theoretical physicist).
Thanks

As a theoretical physicist, I believe you have got all the formulas. But if you don't have experience with working with speaker drivers, then the answer is that those formulas (even the small thiele parameters) do not answer MANY of drivers' behaviours in reproducing sound.

So, ... it's magic ?

Being serius: no, I haven't got all the "serius" material on x-over design on the net.
Anyone has some pointers ?
When dealing with Zobel networks and all that I've found very valuable the work done by Prof. Leech.
By the way: I have written an Excel sheet that automates (with very good results) all its calculations.
Thanks

So, ... it's magic ?

Being serius: no, I haven't got all the "serius" material on x-over design on the net.
Anyone has some pointers ?
When dealing with Zobel networks and all that I've found very valuable the work done by Prof. Leech.
By the way: I have written an Excel sheet that automates (with very good results) all its calculations.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.