What do you predict the Mackie SRM350 will be like?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The SRM350 is about five months behind schedule and it's supposed to finaly be out later this summer with a Rockridge woofer and a B&C HF driver. I imagine the SRM 350s being used as monitors when a band has SRM 450s for mains or even used as mains with a sub. I think we all have an idea what the SRM 450 sounded like with its RCF drivers. Would you guess the SRM350 will sound like a little version of the SRM450 or altogether different? Does Mackie have its own "sound"?

SRM 350:
http://www.mackie.com/products/srm350/index.html
2-Way Bi-Amplified Active
165-watts RMS LF amplifier
30-watts RMS HF amplifier
10” Rockridge woofer, 1” B&C Compression driver
121dB peak SPL output
61Hz to 22kHz frequency response @ -10dB
20.75" x 13.10" x 12.25"
32 lbs., plastic cabinet

SRM 450:
12" woofer two-way powered system
1" HF driver
45hz-20khz at -10 db
300 watt LF power amplifier
100 watt HF power amplifier
127 dB maximum output capability
26 x 15.4" x 14.8"
"Contour" (Loudness switch), "Low Cut" switch
51 lbs

mackies...

its hard to say whether or not the 2 will sound the same, maybe similar but not the same. I really dont like the mackie speaker stuff, i think it sounds too sterile and empty. from a service standpoint, they suck and i also dont think that their internal amps put out as much as they say they do, they should just stick to mixers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.