visaton BG20 freq. response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello to you all.
i've just finished some fullrange speakers. you can see them from the system description thread. but i have a small problem. the visaton BG20 loudspeaker has a significant bump in the freq. response graph. with slower and calmer music you barely notice it but with faster and more agressive rock, like AC/DC the upper part of the electric guitar solos can get very sharp. the most worrying place is from 3-5khz. i would like to flatten that area a little bit. i've heard, that dammar could be a helpful thing. has anyone got anykind of experience with that stuff? how does it effect the overall sound, freq. response and sentsitivity. any comments would be welcome :) another possiblility could be a notch-filter. but that filter stuff is not my piece of pie. first i haven't got any idea how to calculate a notch-filter, and second i planned to keep the speakers as filterfree as possible. but still, all suggestions are very welcome :)

regards, Toomas
Estonia.

Cristi,
Do a search, there are a couple of threads about this speaker.
IIRC, it looks like it would make a good OB driver,
But it has a whizzer cone which needs taming.
There's a tweak called (I think) ' the 99c mod' which is putting some damping material around the base of the whizzer.
Otherwise, a notch filter may be required.

Pete McK

Cristi,
Do a search, there are a couple of threads about this speaker.
IIRC, it looks like it would make a good OB driver,
But it has a whizzer cone which needs taming.
There's a tweak called (I think) ' the 99c mod' which is putting some damping material around the base of the whizzer.
Otherwise, a notch filter may be required.

Pete McK
Can somebody tell me about the "mod"?

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.