8" Bolt sub kicks butt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
8" Bolt sub kicks butt

I purchased the 8 inch Bolt sub from Raw acoustics recently. Al Wooley, from Raw Acoustics, is a frequent contributor here. The sub is primarily used in a home theater system in a 12 x 20 room. The sub is available as a kit or fully assembled. I got mine with an optional 10 inch passive readiator. I believe the 8 inch driver is a Tang Band.

This sub is really outstanding for home theater use in a moderate size room. It adds a lot of that movie theater oomph while watching movies. More impressive is how it performs while watching concert DVD's or just listening to CD's. This sub sounds much bigger than it looks and gives a very realistic bass feel to music. I listened to a lot of subs at the local home theater stores and this ones compares well to much bigger and more powerful subs. I plan to add a set of Super Elf speakers to this system and am building a five channel Gainclone amp to power them. I have also used the sub in combination with a set of BD pipes I built using RS 40-1197 speakers. I didn't think that I needed a sub with that system, but I think I now have to buy another sub to complement the hifi system.

Just wanted to compliment Al for a great subwoofer and give credit for his contributions here. Good guy to deal with also.

No affiliation with Raw Acoustics, just a very happy customer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.