TangBand W3-871S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Timn8ter said:
They've also changed the number for the quantity purchase discount from 6 to 7 which is a price increase of sorts. Overall the pricing seems about the same.
BTW, I've done a little more tweaking on the Isa and the sound is greatly improved. :cool:

I did not notice the quantity discount increase. That is no biggie for you considering your ISA pair uses 12 of the 871s. :)
Cheers,
GM.

Timn8er,

I had a look at your Isa speakers, very nice ... I was thinking of using the TB driver 871 in an open baffle as a computer speaker. A single 871 crossed over to the 4" aluminium TB driver in a vented box to get from 70 - 300 Hz. I worked out that with wings I can get the output above 300 Hz to be equivalent to a closed box. At what point did you cross over? I was thinking they would be ok in open baffle with a 300 Hz crossover point, with a 4th order crossover if required. Or do you think this is only suitable for the 4" aluminium driver the next size up?

They have dropped the bulk price on the 871s by 15 cents heh.

Raised the price on the 657s by a few $ though :(. Good thing I still have a couple left, they are nice.

But really who buys in quantities of 7? Its really 8 or more, because who would buy singles :(

Hopefully the new guys will be as nice as you say, hard to beat Billy lau though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.