TangBand W3-871S - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th May 2004, 10:20 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
How do you guys cope with the majority of the high-wattage or high-current amps out there?
The best thing would be to not use them. Outside of that I haven't had a problem using low-watt "rated" drivers with high-watt "rated" amps.
Old 19th May 2004, 01:41 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Does anyone know of any projects that have used the 871 as a Mid/High driver, with a more powerful 6" woofer in the same box?

I just picked up something cheap (see the Audioyin thread) that looks as if it would make a decent sub, but I was wondering if it could sit in the same box as an 871.

That way, I could have one woofer per channel and a pretty decent all-around sound, without sacrificing more desk space.

Am I naive for considering this in such a small space? I still don't understand how cabinet design is influenced when you add multiple speakers...

Thanks,
Chris
Old 19th May 2004, 03:38 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

The typical starting point for box size/tuning is based on the T/S specs of the low frequency driver. Your intended design would require a much larger box than the 3" driver for adequate bass response. For a space restricted application you may be better off with a sub-sat design. Did you ever determine the Vas?
Old 19th May 2004, 03:56 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

I'm going to get the Vas figured out tonight. I'm going to try to get it with the "known mass on the cone" method.

Is that reliable, or would taping the driver to a shoebox be better?
Old 19th May 2004, 03:57 PM   #25
RAW is offline RAW  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Nuera update .Talk with new owner for 5hrs.

Little story for you all.
The new owners do not even know any of the DIY boards.
As they are not concerened with the DIY market as I was told from the owner.
By the way yes he did come to my place and was kind to spend 5hrs of his time here.
As you all know I have and had alot of interest in the TB line.
Anyway.
Nuera only has a few hundred 871 drivers left in stock and these people did not want the 3" speakers.( who wants a 3" speaker in there audio system) we want 5-6" kevlar drivers only.
So can we smell the end of the 871 in North America?
Well lets hope not!
After his arrival was funny to have some one try and sell me TB.
Like selling the Pope his robe!
Well then I showed him my shares papers from when I started Nuera with Billy Lau.His face hit the floor
Well then I got nailed with questions.Why did I lave why was the stock ran so low ect ect.
A lot I could not answer as I had got out of Nuera just before 7 months of business.We had the stock arrive but that was it.
Anyway back to the new owners.
Has no clue what the 3" drivers can do or do .Not sure what drivers to order off the web site.
What a waste of time.TB shows nothing on line.I personally have the catalog of over 300 drivers just in one catalog.And I am not alone to have this most companys who want drivers can get a catalog from TB easy.The new one is on CD.
This company is not sure what drivers to carry!
So after I took the new owner to my speaker room and showed him every TB driver on the market open to the DIY he got the point I think. I know a little about the TB line.
I made a few points to him I hope he takes.
With only a few of the 871 drivers left GET MORE IN!
With only a few W8-740C in stock GET MORE IN!
Other models we talked about but were they go that is up to them.So by the comments I go I think you will see the end of a few drivers Nuera sold.
Now PE you ask.
I have had a few talks with Darren and they (PE) can still not get the W3-871S.So if Nueras new owner does not want to get them in will or can PE that is up to Diana of TB.

Al
Old 19th May 2004, 04:01 PM   #26
RAW is offline RAW  Canada
diyAudio Member

Cris

Click the image to open in full size.

look under the TV left in the middle.
See a 871 with a 6.5" driver.

AL
Old 19th May 2004, 04:12 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Jim85IROC
I certainly hope that if Neura doesn't continue to carry them, that PE will be allowed to pick them up. We all know the popularity of the 871s around here, and on the car audio boards I've watched a huge following develop for the 740. These are 2 very popular drivers, and it would be an utter shame to watch them disappear when PE could pick them up if Neura doesn't keep them.
Old 19th May 2004, 05:04 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default Neura

What is the latest on the Neura buyout? Can we still order drivers from them in the meantime?
GM.
Old 19th May 2004, 05:10 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RAW

look under the TV left in the middle.
See a 871 with a 6.5" driver.
AL
That looks like a powerful li'l monitor. What was the 6.5" driver you were using, and how was the response of the final product?

Was there much of a complex crossover for that unit?

Any info you could provide would be great...

Thanks,
Chris
Old 19th May 2004, 05:33 PM   #30
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Yoy want to guarantee 871 supply, then get on the phone & buy up every 871 Neura has -- that should make an impression...

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!