Wilmslow Audio still in business? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th April 2004, 11:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Wilmslow Audio still in business?

Hi,

Has anybody contacted Wilmslow Audio recently? I have been trying to reach them for more than a month through e-mail, but no reply. I wonder if somebody can tell me that they are doing well, or lazy, or poorly, or out of business...
Old 30th April 2004, 12:53 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Well the phone line still works and got the answering service,but it is nearly 2am here:-)

I have always found them slow on email at best.

Pete
Old 30th April 2004, 07:15 AM   #3
sreten is offline sreten  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

For what purpose ?

There may be other options available.

sreten.
Old 30th April 2004, 10:57 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default yep!

I have used them recently with no problems. I have been using them for around 16 years (when i used to live in Wilmslow) but they seem to have been purchased by another company and they are now based in the midlands now.

I must admit that the range they have on offer now doesnt seem to have changed much since they where in business 14 years ago.

They perhaps need to review what their range is and perhaps come up with a more designer range of speakers plus a decent DIY 5.1 system (ie v small speakers).

Looking on here on what speakers people have designed themselves most people are not interested in just a "box" design.

It would also be good if they where to supply focal drive units as there only seems to be one reseller in the UK that offer these units.
Old 30th April 2004, 11:14 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Well how many poeple on here do you see using Focal? There out of the price range of many of us. I got into into this hobby because its cheaper than many others

Sometimes whats cool, and what pays the bills are very different.
Old 30th April 2004, 11:55 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I have used wilmslow a few times in the last coupla months and they have been there. Email Im not sure, I have emailed them a couple of times before and always got a response, quite promt too, may it be that their server doesnt like the one sending your emails??

I also wish wilmslow stocked a larger range of drivers however I do know that if they dont have the model in a manufacture that they stock, if you email them they will get them for you, at no extra cost as far as i can remember I emailed them once and it cost what I thought it would if they had the drivers in stock.

Also wilmslow do seem to have taken more interest in their website over the last couple of months, giving it several updates.

Yes it would be nice if they stocked eton and focal i'd certianly buy some.
Old 30th April 2004, 12:29 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

www.falcon-acoustics.co.uk

For Focal. I think they hold stock of everything listed on their site. Prompt inductor winding service too.

Simon
Old 30th April 2004, 12:30 PM   #8
wytco0 is offline wytco0  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I sent them an email on Monday and I havnt had a reply. We get used to instant answer oin the web but sometimes we forget that at the other end there may just be one very busy person.
Old 3rd May 2004, 01:01 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Gentlemen from England,

Thank you for your prompt replies. I had been talking to Wilmslow, more specifically with Mr. Neil Smith to buy a custom Forte. Had anybody talked to him? I am afraid he is busy or left Wilmslow... I was having occasional returned e-mail sent to him, and it got more and more frequent, and eventually, didn't go through at all about a month ago...
Old 4th May 2004, 03:57 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Can anybody help me further??

Hide this!Advertise here!