Wilmslow Audio still in business?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yep!

I have used them recently with no problems. I have been using them for around 16 years (when i used to live in Wilmslow) but they seem to have been purchased by another company and they are now based in the midlands now.

I must admit that the range they have on offer now doesnt seem to have changed much since they where in business 14 years ago.

They perhaps need to review what their range is and perhaps come up with a more designer range of speakers plus a decent DIY 5.1 system (ie v small speakers).

Looking on here on what speakers people have designed themselves most people are not interested in just a "box" design.

It would also be good if they where to supply focal drive units as there only seems to be one reseller in the UK that offer these units.

I have used wilmslow a few times in the last coupla months and they have been there. Email Im not sure, I have emailed them a couple of times before and always got a response, quite promt too, may it be that their server doesnt like the one sending your emails??

I also wish wilmslow stocked a larger range of drivers however I do know that if they dont have the model in a manufacture that they stock, if you email them they will get them for you, at no extra cost as far as i can remember I emailed them once and it cost what I thought it would if they had the drivers in stock.

Also wilmslow do seem to have taken more interest in their website over the last couple of months, giving it several updates.

Yes it would be nice if they stocked eton and focal i'd certianly buy some.

Gentlemen from England,

Thank you for your prompt replies. I had been talking to Wilmslow, more specifically with Mr. Neil Smith to buy a custom Forte. Had anybody talked to him? I am afraid he is busy or left Wilmslow... I was having occasional returned e-mail sent to him, and it got more and more frequent, and eventually, didn't go through at all about a month ago...

I also tried ordering stuff from their website today, and it kept on falling over at the payment stage so I could not get it to accept my order. Whether or not this has anything to do with the current state of the company (or perhaps just their website) I have no idea though, as I didn't bother trying to phone up to order and just got the crossover parts elsewhere insted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.