New driver - ScanSpeak D2904/710000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The distortion is very low and the dispersion is very wide and controlled compared to the ring radiator IMHO. Sensitivity is OK and I expect it to sound just wonderful. The price will most likely be MUCH more reasonable than the ring radiator.

Here is my magnum Cissac 1982 and my pair:

Attachments

• sss.jpg
    sss.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 798
I wonder which one would be better too, the ring or the 71. Strikes me that the 71 might be regarding dispersion. The vifa ring is meant to have rather poor dispersion so there is no reason why the scan should be any different. Either way it would be an interesting comparison between the scan71/70 and the vifa XT25. Trouble is cost!

The XT is easily acheivable but the scan ring is waaaaay too much to even consider.

These are lovely :D

You need to email riviera just to get a quote so I'd say the price is the expense of an E-mail in 2010 :p

http://www.riviera-acoustics.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=630

A lovely pair there! :D

I was considering mixing with Scan-Speak and VIFA in a threesome... Maybe not now that the price of this beauty is under serious scrutiny/consideration by me myself and I.
Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.