Modifying Advent AW-820

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a set of Advent AW-820 wireless speakers. I want to modify one of them with the addition of a 1/8" stereo jack so that I can use it with a laptop or CD player without having to use the wireless transmitter setup.

The PCB uses the BA5415A dual power amplifier. I've tried coonecting the jack straight to the inputs of the amp but I lose the onboard volume control AND the signal is competing with the FM signal from the transmitter (non-existent since it's not powered "ON" but the circuit is still competing with some sort of signal).

Does anyone know if Advent or Recoton makes a schematic for this unit available to the public? I've looked but found absolutely nothing.

Thanks in Advance.

Patrick

You might try putting a switch in that disconnects the FM input to the amp when it connects the 1/8" input. I don't know if that would help the volume problem though...

If you can get detailed pictures of both sides of the PCB, I bet someone here can help you more than that.

This post would probably fit better under chip amps or solid state though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.