Linkwitz Phoenix Dipole

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I second rocky do not change anything. If you know exactly what you are doing with regards to picking VERY similar drivers that could be a substituted then give it a go. However I would not recommed it.

The pheonix should be very good anyway so why would you want to alter it?

Sorry, I was not clear as to my intentions, I wish to use the subwoofer section only and mate it to a full range driver in a MLTQWT-Bipolar unit that I am building. I do not know what drivers Mr Linkwitz used in the subwoofer but I heard that they were no longer available and wondered what a good substitute would be. :xeye:

Regards,
Pete

Peter Menting said:
Sorry, I was not clear as to my intentions, I wish to use the subwoofer section only and mate it to a full range driver in a MLTQWT-Bipolar unit that I am building. I do not know what drivers Mr Linkwitz used in the subwoofer but I heard that they were no longer available and wondered what a good substitute would be. :xeye:

Regards,
Pete

Yes, but he indicates a very good substitute, even better than the original.

5th Element,

Why?
What because of the price? ;)

If you're going to mate it to something other than the Phoenix mid panel, you've got a lot of flexibility on driver selection and baffle dimensions. The Dayton IB woofers that Parts Express sells are a perfect match for an open baffle woofer. I'm using 2 of the 15" IB woofers on Phoenix style enclosures and they're quite nice. Also, Sigfried is pretty responsive to e-mails if you have any questions...

Peace

Roscoe; Thanks for the input, I thought I had seen your project on this forum but could not remember when. The 15" is nice but a little heavy for my needs, however the 12" version looks very promising and I may go with that. The X-max looks good as does the efficiency. Once again, thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Pete:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.