cross over & box design & simulation software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry to annoy anyone on here (I am sure this is a duplicate post) but i still havent found what i'm looking for....

I am building a three way system (two sealed enclosures) and I have just about purchased all my drivers (I have chosen the same / similar driver as other proven systems) but I am having difficutly with the cross over and box design & simulation.

I dont really want to spend any money on the software (i'll only be using it once!) but I dont want to design the cross over from scratch (I have managed to get ahold of a couple of cross over designs that will only need slight modification as I am using a slightly different tweeter).

Basically I want to do the following:

1) Key in my three drive units parameters (tweeter, midrange & woofer)
2) Key in one of the cross over designs
3) Key in my box metrics (current guesses).

and then:

4) Run a frrequency respence
5) Tweek the cross over / box size
6) repeat 4 & 5 until happy.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Mark.Carline@btinternet.com

I'm using Speaker Workshop. It's free, and not too hard to use once you figure it out. I also used SPL Trace to generate frequency and impedance response files in the format that Speaker Workshop needs (FRD and ZMA). So far all I've done is model potential crossovers - Speaker Workshop can be used to take measurements too, but I haven't done that yet.

Speaker Workshop

I must admit that I did install and try and use Speaker Workshop but found it a little confusing.

Perhaps anyone on here thats designed a three way system in two sealed enclosures could email me their saved Speaker Workshop files so I can see what they have done?

I am wanted to remodel a cross over for similar design (I am using slightly different box, tweeters and woofer units) to the one featured in the following link:

http://www.lautsprechershop.de/hifi/triga.htm

It does look like a very good program, just hard to get to grips with.

Thanks!!

Mark.Carline@btinternet.com

Speaker Workshop

thanks i'll check that out.

Do you know if I am better off having each of the three crossovers:

1) High pass (tweeter)
2) Bandpass (midrange)
3) Low pass (woofer)

on separate "NETWORK" sheets within Speaker Workshop or am I better off having them all on one ??

I just want to graph the whole system end to end and alter the odd component value - I'm not really interested in some of the automated componet changes that this s/w package can do..

I did them on separate network sheets, because the optimizer cannot work with more than one driver. Once I had the individual networks to roughly where I wanted them, I copy-pasted (ctrl-C ctrl-V wworks grea) them all into the same network, made the connections, had it graph the combined output, and then tweaked from there.

I don't know how to include the enclosure's response in with the network's. My setup will be open baffle so the baffle will only affect the lower end of the midrange driver, and all I'm modelling is the midrange-tweeter XO, so I just ignored that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.