Hivi f6 and tweeter question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think the path of highest success is going with a design from a proven designer, either Ben's (wolf_teeth) F6 based Nephila or Jeff Bagby's SB17 based Mandolin. Both designs are highly regarded. IMO a lot of the audible difference between different proven designers is how they voice their crossovers. Ben, Jeff, Troels (etc., etc.) each voice their designs to their particular taste and most of their speakers usually follow their particular choice of voicing. Unfortunately, you can't tell this strictly by measurements, you need to hear them. See this article (A Tale of Two Speakers | Stereophile.com) about the pitfalls of trying to judge speakers strictly by measurements.

Or maybe you really have the DIY bug and want to make your own design. You can get a lot of helpful advice here. Decisions, decisions!

I think the path of highest success is going with a design from a proven designer, either Ben's (wolf_teeth) F6 based Nephila or Jeff Bagby's SB17 based Mandolin.

Exactly i am trying to get the Mandolin kit i think SB17 it will surpass the audio quality or f6 and dayton rs180s :) and ill be so happy to have them hehe and i can always modify the crossover for my taste :D

I think you meant madisound. BTW, those drivers are used in Jeff Bagby's Mandolin kit sold by meniscusaudio.com. I bet if you contacted Mark at Meniscus you could work out a deal to purchase just the crossovers from him.

Where can i find him? i emailed maniscus audio but they didnt reply back.. And their website says they sell crossovers separately so i dont get it why they didnt reply to my email!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.