Shiva's in the UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im very interested in building myself a compact sub, ideally like all the bass heads who have read too much about frequency response i would dearly like an F-3 of 20hz @ about 105db (is this reasonable or is WINISD getting me excited.)
If possible an F0 of 20hz would well it would be amazing.
my current set up is..
nad c320
nad c521i
kef cresta 2's
my room is v small approx 5.5 X 3 meters.
Budget is £200 UK pounds
$350-450 USD dollars.
Baring in mind i am in the UK, i believe my options are

http://www.bkelec.com/Diy/xls10.htm
a peerless xls10 with a 200 watt amp all for £215 about $360
something to note is that www.bkelec.com bk electronics are selling the xls for £79, and the passive radiator for £30

http://www.bkelec.com/Diy/DT300.htm
a bk electronics driver and passive radiator, in a 1 cubic foot cabinet powered by a 300watt Digital class D amplifier for £207 about $340

An adire audio shiva, or a tempest, the problem with these drivers is that they cost a lot to ship
(A shiva would cost me £85 and a tempest about £95, but to ship they'll cost $110 USD dollars and $130 USD dollars!!
anyone interested in a group buy, as we'll save on the shipping.
I only want one woofer but supposedly the folks in the USA love them, so perhaps you might want one or two, too.

Something i am wondering about for size constraints is a linkwitz transform, ELF, EAS rod elliot's site, closed box subwoofer that's been equalized. How difficult is this to implement as i've had Secondary (High School) training in electronics so i can solder and know enough i think - someone please put me in my place :cool:

Any other ideas, ill be doing all this in a couple of months so im researching all ideas, and being very carefull considering. This will also allow me to save up the moolah.

Regards and Hello All

p.s. ive never built my self a speaker before :xeye:
but i want that big bass baby!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.