Guys, some speaker arrangement help required :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, I understand if i want to recycle a set of tower speakers into a custom box, that maintaining the vertical arrangement (amongst other things) is a must as altering this can major affect how it sounds. I'm struggling for height in keeping the order of things (refer tower speaker photo), but my big question is how much would you think offsetting a tweeter would play in the characteristics of a loud speaker? I noticed the size of the surround with the tweeter is quite larger, considering the speaker itself is only 32mm. I had thought maintain the vertical with the woofers and either offset the tweeter, or cut the surround to get it closer to the centreline of the woofers.

I dont actually know what the plastic surround does and i intend to recess the speakers anyway behind a piece of MDF (but provide a beveled edge on the hole above).

Any thoughts? If i exhaust all my options with reusing what i have, i will be buying some components to make some.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180715_164153.jpg
    MVIMG_20180715_164153.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20180713_174808.jpg
    IMG_20180713_174808.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 79
Guys, I understand if i want to recycle a set of tower speakers into a custom box, that maintaining the vertical arrangement (amongst other things) is a must as altering this can major affect how it sounds. I'm struggling for height in keeping the order of things (refer tower speaker photo), but my big question is how much would you think offsetting a tweeter would play in the characteristics of a loud speaker? I noticed the size of the surround with the tweeter is quite larger, considering the speaker itself is only 32mm. I had thought maintain the vertical with the woofers and either offset the tweeter, or cut the surround to get it closer to the centreline of the woofers.

I dont actually know what the plastic surround does and i intend to recess the speakers anyway behind a piece of MDF (but provide a beveled edge on the hole above).

Any thoughts? If i exhaust all my options with reusing what i have, i will be buying some components to make some.

Vertical placement is not really necessary.But keeping the tweeter close to the woofer is important. Rest can be taken care by slight changes to the angle during speaker positioning. The position in the drawing works well.

Removing the ring and flush mounting in a different box both cause a change in baffle step diffraction. going from narrow baffle to wider baffle will increase output between 300-800 hz and reduce between 1-2k. as a rough approximation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.