Any design idea for SS 18W8545 and D2905/9500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Today I receive a pair of Scanspeak 18W8545 and a pair of Scanspeak D2905/9500. :)
I would like to build a pair of loudspeakers, probably Sonus Faber Electra Amator II clone.
Is anyone at this forum use this combination ? Is anyone who build a Electra Amator II clone ?

I will drive this speaker with Aleph P/Aleph 5 clone.
I think that XO can be simple 6dB/oct with a little resistor correction on tweeter.

Any Idea on design ?

Hi kirc,

I have some expirience with SS8545 driver, but I used it in a 2way project with revelator (9900) tweeter.
First order crossover can be used with SS8545 but not a simple one, because to linearize its response one have to use large inductor which leeds to low crossover point (<1,8kHz) and still has too easy post xover-point slope.
I used 2nd order crossover with few compensation notches, and I'll post measurements graphs and schematic later if you are interested.

regards,
Vuki

Here...
xover

Attachments

• ssxover.jpg
    ssxover.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,222
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.