supertweeters for a budget tri-amped setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had many wire options at home (including teflon and rubber coated single and multi-stranded of different gauge). Bit since it was my first DIY speaker set I just looked what Madisound offered as part of their complete BK-12m kit (Supra Classic 1.6 wire for the internal hookup) and followed it. Should have followed my intuition instead :)

Octavia, thanks for suggestion of Cafe Blue, it actually sounds great on my setup, could be used to demo it :).
To find something exhibiting harshness I had to dig through my collection of orchestral music where the high register brass section quickly transitions from piano to fortissimo, but then again, I've heard few of these performances live and to me it sounded unpleasant without any speakers :). I am generally not a fan of high register brass instruments live or recorded.

How many hours on the drivers?
~3 years in the storage and few days of listening (perhaps 10+ hours), the suspension is not yet broken-in. Although I suspect it is a mutual process of the hearing adapting to the spectrum of the driver/enclosure/room combination, and the suspension loosening up.

Unfortunately I can not run them at nominal power for long periods of time, my entire family complains even if I turn the sub off :)

Thanks, I may try that break-in method.

Also, if I repeat the build for my friend, would it be reasonable to epoxy (or bolt in) a 0.5"x0.5"x~6" hard aluminum alloy block (from an old unrelated project) ~1" below the driver chamfer circle on the back side of the baffle ? Then I can place the supertweeter much closer to the 126en. Would the block itself or the hardened baffle change the chamber characteristic much ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.