Quick question re: finishing up my sub enclosure & mounting driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Quick question re: finishing up my sub enclosure & mounting driver

I'm currently building my first speaker, an 88.5L sealed subwoofer for an Adire Shiva driver. The box is almost done being constructed and I'm planning the paint job.

I don't yet have the driver or the amp (Parts Express 250w). I've heard that using T-nuts is the best way to go for mounting the driver. Can this be done after the box is totally completed, or should I wait until the driver gets here before attatching the front panel to the box?

I'm very familiar with how T-nuts work, but how they're used for mounting a subwoofer driver isn't totally clear to me. Does the T-nut itself go on the inside of the box, and a hole is drilled totally through the front panel? Is there any way I can pre drill the holes and put the t-nuts in before I have the driver, or should I wait?

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I'd wait till the driver get there just to be sure.. yo don't want to be making holes that you might have to fill. when you get the sub mount it in there temporary and then use a marker of some sort then do every one some subs have 8 holes or more or less. and if im correct yu drill the hole first to the size of the shaft on the t-Nut.

j'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.