Wilmslow Audio customer service

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There have been some adverse comments on here about Wilmslow's customer service. I just want to add my experience.
I visited their showroom in May and listened to a pair of their TL12 transmission line speakers, which I found very natural-sounding and realistic. I decided to build a pair of their larger TL15s so I ordered the cabinet kits a week later.

Delivery was planned for three weeks from order.
I received two progress updates from Neil and then an email to say the kit had arrived and the cabinet maker had made an error by machining the internal baffles from 18mm instead of the specified 25mm mdf. He arranged to have the parts replaced, which took about a week.
Neil then emailed to say that in view of the delay he would drive over to me with the full kits, a jouney of over 130 miles each way.
When he arrived he gave me the drawings with his notes and offered a number of recommendations to help me with the assembly and line stuffing.

I have no relationship with Wilmslow other than as a customer and I believe it is in the interests of balance to share these experiences with you. The quality of the cabinet kits is excellent and I am looking forward to building them as well as designing and making my own external passive crossovers using Volt/Scanspeak drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.