3D printed tweeter waveguides

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gents,

I noticed the new 3D Builder tool in windows today, it's childs play generating shapes, I thought it would be fun to brainstorm some tweeter waveguide designs. A bit of a conical / lecleach Frankenstein, to be mounted to a baffle.

I don't have much CAD experience, but this took me about an hour to whip up a couple of variations.

I wonder if this would be hard to convert to a simulation, how would one go about that?

Be cool to refine the design of my own waveguide through some simulations and get them printed as an experiment

Cheers
JB

Attachments

• Tweeter Waveguide.PNG
    Tweeter Waveguide.PNG
    204.4 KB · Views: 540
  • Tweeter Experiment.PNG
    Tweeter Experiment.PNG
    254.9 KB · Views: 537
  • Backside.PNG
    Backside.PNG
    100.1 KB · Views: 521
I don't know how accurate Hornresp is for tweeters, I haven't had time to input in these waveguides as an experiment.

Playing around with the 3D builder, it is extremely fast to knock together some shapes but is very very limited compared to Sketchup. I don't think I'll bother using this software, it's fast to use but feels very "toy" like....

I wonder if there's a CAD plugin that lets you simulate this sort of stuff. I did watch a video by AvE where he designed an ultrasonic cutting head using CAD, which output a frequency "response" graph of the ultrasonic "horn" that he built....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.