Anyone know Airborne RT5002 tweeters?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a pair for a project i never did.
Anyone know this Model and can help me a little with a Crossover design for this specific tweeter?

Attachments

• IMG_20180619_214814.jpg
    IMG_20180619_214814.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 291
the Nephila was actually my build attempt which I eventually abounded :eek:

i was told ribbons tend to have problematic impedance and i should be be extra careful when making crossover so i wont fry my amp.

i got a speaker that i took the tweeter from, and i can play around with the RT5002 with it, i need to know which FR should i cross and if i should be some kind of low pass or something with it before i start playing around with it.

in door measure of the speaker, without tweeters ofc :

unknown.png

Whomever told you that was likely speaking of true-ribbon tweeters, which are near a dead-short at lower frequencies due to the transformer and how it works. The RT5002 is an AMT and has no transformer, so it's basically a resistive load.

What do you mean you abounded it? Attempted and never completed? Or messed it up in the process? Can I help in any way?

Later,
Wolf

I would not think 1st order would protect the AMT as much as required unless used at a much higher cutoff frequency. The RT5002 really is only good to about 3.3-3.5kHz range before it rolls off, and it has a peak in it's FR at about 15kHz before it rolls off again on the top. However, it does have enough sensitivity to fix these attributes a smidge and keep it and you happy.

I included the xover for the Nephila in the case it will help you.

Later,
Wolf

Attachments

• RT5002-OnAxis.jpg
    RT5002-OnAxis.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 279
  • RT5002-HD.jpg
    RT5002-HD.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 255
  • Nephila5C Xover.jpg
    Nephila5C Xover.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 259
  • RT5002-CSD_Vance.jpg
    RT5002-CSD_Vance.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 123
  • RT5002H.jpg
    RT5002H.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 106
  • RT5002V.jpg
    RT5002V.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 109
I guess there is no way around it, thanks for the info, i will put this side project aside for now since parts would cost me around 60$ assuming it would work with what I got. and i dont have any dollar to fool around d more than I already have atm.

thanks a bunch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.