Braun L830 adding input connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone opened up a set of Braun L830s before? I am restoring the foam surrounds and also want to add an input cup on the back rather than the integrated cable. When I remove the woofer screws it seems like there is some adhesive holding the woofer in place. Has anyone been able to remove this?

If I can't get the woofer out I would still like to add the input cup. Does anyone know where the crossover boards are located and where is safe to drill in the back panel? I can use a hole saw to cut for the input cup but obviously I do not want to damage anything inside the enclosure in doing so.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180621_091647.jpg
    IMG_20180621_091647.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20180621_091706.jpg
    IMG_20180621_091706.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 60
With the woofer screws removed set the speaker on its face on some short blocks. Make sure the soft dome midrange isn't touching the ground. Let the weight of the woofer break the adhesive. It may take a day or 2 but it should work and it is the gentlest way I can imagine. If this works would you please post pics of the crossover. I have a pair of L830's which sound very good by today's standards. I would love to see pics of the insides.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.