Beyma 15B100 studio monitor build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have been using Win ISD successfully for years now, but I have come across a driver that I dont understand, it is Beyma 15 b 100. This is the simulation on win isd - the graph if pretty much flat from 40hz to 2000hz but in real life it is flat maybe to max 100hz after that it gets much louder

Q45u8FP.jpg

Does anyone have any pics of this driver in boxes btw?

This is the simulation on win isd - the graph if pretty much flat from 40hz to 2000hz but in real life it is flat maybe to max 100hz after that it gets much louder

Could you please specifi more clearly what you mean ? Is it getting louder from 100 Hz when the frequency is lowered ? If yes, it is a question of wrong tuning. Is it getting louder with rising frequency ? If yes, it is probably baffle step.

Regards

Charles

WinISD is a tool to simulate how low your subwoofer-build is going to play and if the box volume/sealed/reflex construction has some effect on bass performance (hump/dip). All else is a straight line and has no meaning in real life, especially as a subwoofer is rarely used as a midrange/fullrange.

364 liters

25 x 10 cm x 11cm deep
as suggested by Win isd. Why do you ask?

Sorry, dimensions and volume don't match! Datasheets almost always show free air response in IEC baffle (size of which depeneds on driver's diameter).

Studio monitors usually utilize eq/dsp (mixing desk) and low end response can be adjusted for the room. If the box is bass-reflex, lower end is high-passed acoustically and low end can't be extended in reality.

The scale isn't clear on the graph in the first post, but the sim is dropping off below ~180Hz. Perhaps the box needs to be tuned higher to get the FR even....
That did it. I tuned it higher despite the simulation, now the low end can really be felt

Sorry, dimensions and volume don't match! Datasheets almost always show free air response in IEC baffle (size of which depeneds on driver's diameter).

Studio monitors usually utilize eq/dsp (mixing desk) and low end response can be adjusted for the room. If the box is bass-reflex, lower end is high-passed acoustically and low end can't be extended in reality.
I wrote the volume of the box and dimensions of port - like you asked. They are not supposed to mach because they are different objects

Could you please specifi more clearly what you mean ? Is it getting louder from 100 Hz when the frequency is lowered ?
Charles
Yes. I tuned it like this now

IQWWLP3.jpg

now its fine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.