Some recommended good inductors for RP280f

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have to say that Klipsch has completely ruined the crossover of rp280F. RP280f crossover was a big downgrade from rf52II and had very unbalanced tweeter, mid/bass ratio.

Onkyo amplifier set to flat 0db gain on treble. Tweeter was overpowering woofers with like 6-8db. Only way to get it right was to bi-wire it with an 22ohm resistor. Another problem was that woofer bottoms out in midbass region quite easily, when compared to rf52II at same volumes. Usually RP280F bottomed out earlier or so I had to put and 1mh inductor to soften the bass and set an bass to -4db and now bass sounds a MILES better and can play quite bit louder can play without bottoming out. Both of my 280f are wired on parallel as only have one inductor and even that is from 20 years old speaker... So distortion might be present and at louder volumes mid region starts distorting.

I haven't wired tweeter and woofers separately yet so now it's like Amp+ --> speaker + terminal --> resistor into tweeter/wire to another speakers + terminal and that same resistor connected between woofer and tweeter.
amp- inductor 1mh --> speaker terminal- with woofer and tweeter connected --> wire run down to second speaker and so on. Tweeter still sounds good even though it gets the same signal as the woofers now but treble needs 10+ gain. without resistor maybe 2+db gain with Inductor. Speakers sound a lot more balanced now than from the factory with deeper/louder bass and flatter treble. I can even raise crossover point from 40hz and still have deeper bass at 60 to 70hz than from factory default at 40hz.

What would be some good quality Inductors with low thd to put between woofers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.