looking for peavey low rider (800 w) motor structure - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th April 2004, 07:48 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default looking for peavey low rider (800 w) motor structure

hi

one of my friends have bought 30 nos of Peavey Low rider s intended for an installation

due to some sort of a storing problem (he let the magnets touch an acidic substance) the magnet plates have corroded

he has requeted me to help him out

i have to de-magnetise the magnets and take apart the motor structure / replace or build up the magnet plates as necessary and put it all back together

i have modified a lot of jbl 2242 s for him by adding an extra magnet ( changing the pole to extended t shape ) and putting in my voice coils , a double spider , and changing the surrounds to an 2 deep roll m - surrounds - these modifications were necessary for some extremely compact w bins we constructed

though i am well familar with all types of pro audio sfg motor structures i would like to know about the Peavey Low Rider motor structure

to prepare me for restoring these transducers

since i am predicting a difference to the cooling approach applied in these drivers

l guess it will be different to their focus field structure 500 W BW series designs - which i am familar with .

I would like to know the materials of the magnet plates , the dimensions , the cooling approach employed , and the location of shorting rings (if any)

thanks

suranjan das gupta

transducer design engineer

Hide this!Advertise here!