EL-166/ERT-26 build options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, found myself the happy owner of a set of the Markaudio Woofer no.6/tweeter no.3's also known als the CSS ERT EL-166 and ERT 26. Looking to do a good build with them.

The problems are:

-I can't do math nor design crossovers, I just don't have the time to figure all that stuff out, so I'm going to need a proven design. None of the designs I've found for these drivers mention xo's.

-Most of the stuff I see out there for these drivers is phrased in terms of big honkin' standmounts (often with two or more woofers). I'm not really into that sort of stuff, so smaller designs are welcome.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member

Attachments

• bpa-mark-start-XO.gif
    bpa-mark-start-XO.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 182
Hi guys, found myself the happy owner of a set of the Markaudio Woofer no.6/tweeter no.3's also known als the CSS ERT EL-166 and ERT 26. Looking to do a good build with them.

The problems are:

-I can't do math nor design crossovers, I just don't have the time to figure all that stuff out, so I'm going to need a proven design. None of the designs I've found for these drivers mention xo's.

-Most of the stuff I see out there for these drivers is phrased in terms of big honkin' standmounts (often with two or more woofers). I'm not really into that sort of stuff, so smaller designs are welcome.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

Hello Lohengrimas,

It's been a while since your original post. Not sure if you have found anything that you want to build yet. I dug around in my files and found a design that I did for a friend about 6 years ago.

The box was vented, 1 cu. ft., and tuned to about 33 Hz. The crossover is a series. Hope this is useful . . . and not too late. ;)

Dave R

Attachments

• EL166XO.jpg
    EL166XO.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 99
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.