SB Acoustics Ceramic Drivers -- Feeback, designs, experience with?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have not seen much yet on these fantastic looking and seemingly good measuring drivers. One post on this forum seems to have gone down a rabbit hole. I have read that a few DIY projects were shown at a U.S. DIY event, and I believe some noted DIYers are working on designs, or even designs with SBA.
But I really have not read any in-depth feedback on these ceramic coated drivers, or seen a design with notes and discussion. So, a few questions:
1) What are thoughts on the overall sound? Bass impact, smoothness of mids, etc.
2) From a design standpoint, their response curves seem very similar to their aluminum cousins. Can they be used as drop in replacements from a cross-over standpoint? Easy to tame the 9K or so peaks?
3) Like all SBA drivers, these seem to be of great value. How do they compare to the SEAS mag counterparts?
4) How do they compare to Satori units?
I am thinking of a 5 inch two way monitor, TL, MTM or a 6-inch two way monitor with these beauties.

Just heard the 5" and 8" versions at the recent DIY event. My overall impression was very positive. I loved the bass produced from the 8" drivers in a sealed cab 3-way.
The 5" excelled as a midrange in the same 3-way design and as a midwoofer in a 2-way design. I greatly prefer the 5" ceramic to the SB paper version, but think the paper Satori edges it out in detail and clarity. Overall great drivers and well worth the price.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.