Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Looking for DIY Studio Speaker
Looking for DIY Studio Speaker
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th May 2018, 05:56 PM   #41
hugo stiglitz is offline hugo stiglitz  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixingandproducing View Post
Nothing to say sorry about, I appreciate your help!

@hugo stiglitz : I have seen this site before but here in Germany there is no listening room them, right? I always found the ATC models to lack a little bit in bass response. May be adding a sub or dual sub can fix this?
If you really think ATC SCM100 lack in bass you should invest in some ear-training
Old 13th May 2018, 07:37 PM   #42
mixingandproducing is offline mixingandproducing  Germany
diyAudio Member

I should have written lack of subbass, if you want to mix a song for a club on an ATC 100, I think you would over do the Bass Response. It is not only me that thinks so, I spoke to a lot of well repsected mixing engineers and most of them said the same.
Old 13th May 2018, 08:11 PM   #43
burnett is offline burnett  Germany
diyAudio Member

Which club has a PA that really reproduces something lower than 30Hz with significant levels?
Old 13th May 2018, 08:27 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

why lower than 30HZ??? from 30 up to 50 or 60HZ I can not do a translating mix on the ATCs. May be some can but for me it is the wrong speaker for that club sound mixes.
Old 13th May 2018, 08:38 PM   #45
burnett is offline burnett  Germany
diyAudio Member

Why 30Hz?
That's the lowest SCM100 are more or less capable to reproduce.

I guess it's not the speakers but the room that causes the translation issues.
Old 13th May 2018, 09:07 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

that could be because the room is the most important part of all, but like I said it is not only my opinion. for example a 808 Bassdrum on the ATCs is problem for me.
Old 14th May 2018, 04:30 AM   #47
LineSource is offline LineSource  United States
diyAudio Member

Baffle edge diffraction generates distortion. Truncated pyramid cabinets similar to Avalon speakers can significantly reduce this edge distortion. attached examples

A 12" woofer like the SB34NRX75-6 designed for excellent transient response in a -F3=36Hz sealed 3.5-4cuft box volume can produce better sound quality than a ported alignment, but requires a larger box volume for the same -F3. DSP equalization is easier with a sealed woofer. A LinkwitzTransform filter can produce -F3=20Hz.

A 9" woofer like the Satori WO24P-8 can produce -F3=25Hz in a 3cuft ported box volume.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avalon SB34 MW16P8.jpg (211.9 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg Satori 3way Pyramid.jpg (175.7 KB, 182 views)
Old 16th May 2018, 02:55 AM   #48
LineSource is offline LineSource  United States
diyAudio Member

Well reviewed horn tweeter + 8" mid + 12" ported woofer

Maximus-12 Very powerful 12" woofer for deep bass response down into the low 30hz range High end B&C woofer for great midrange response. Class leading DNA-450 compression driver extends response up to 20khz Easy to power 8 ohm speaker with 93db 2.83v/meter sensitivity. Quality name brand components. SEOS-10 waveguide gives you a larger 'sweet spot'. Will handle 700 watts and play over 120db. Designed to work best for 2 channel use and does not need a subwoofer.

Denovo Audio Maximus-12 Speaker Kit
Old 16th May 2018, 08:53 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much, that sounds like an interesting speaker. I would have to build the cabinet myself without the front panel right? The price is for one speaker, right?
Old 16th May 2018, 06:25 PM   #50
paulys55 is offline paulys55  United States
diyAudio Member

Don't think they have a flat pack for the Maximus but you could email them to be sure, they are very accomodating there. And yes, price is for one speaker.

Looking for DIY Studio SpeakerHide this!Advertise here!