diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Multi-Way (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/)
-   -   Come on people....can car speakers be used in your house to good results?????EXPERTS! (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/32204-come-people-can-car-speakers-used-your-house-good-results-experts.html)

Andre Baptiste 14th April 2004 01:42 AM

Come on people....can car speakers be used in your house to good results?????EXPERTS!

Hi has any body ever used car audio speakers in your house to good results??????? byyyyyyyyyye

Cal Weldon 14th April 2004 01:56 AM

Hi Andre,
Where you been?
Of course you can use car speakers indoors.
They are all made the same (sort of)

The trick is to have a very small room:D

Cal

Andre Baptiste 14th April 2004 01:59 AM

Are you joking or serious..........??

Cal Weldon 14th April 2004 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cal Weldon
The trick is to have a very small room:D
You tell me.

Actually, the only thing you can do is try. I am assuming you have the auto gear and want to use it inside?

Don't go buy auto stuff for your house use.

Cal

Chris8sirhC 14th April 2004 02:16 AM

I used to have a 15'' car sub that i used for my HT, it was better than the stock POS 6'' "sub" that came with it, but the car sub was very very very easily blown away by a dayton DVC 15'' speaker I later built.

hiendaudio 14th April 2004 04:21 AM

What car speaker are you speaking about?

For subīs the car audio market has very good speakers. Sometimes much better that home equivalent speaker.

For midwoofers, mids, and tweeters, the better car audio speakers are made by hiend home speaker manufacturers , like; Dynaudio, Morel, Seas, Focal.

li_gangyi 14th April 2004 08:37 AM

I believe most of the time though...they are way overpriced...and most subs are at 4Ohms...plus you need different cabs for them...u can't just use the same cab u used in the car...due to ur room being bigger than the car...

planet10 14th April 2004 08:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by hiendaudio
Sometimes much better that home equivalent speaker.
Usually way more expensive....

The GM/Delco 6x9 Full-range makes a nice little speaker for the home. (and you know the pr you picked up <$10 were replaced with some triaxials >$100 that don't sound as good)

dave

li_gangyi 14th April 2004 09:14 AM

and u can cut away the little paper "horn" if u dun like the sound...sometimes I just get the speakers with it...and if I dun like it I remove it...better than buying the speaker without...plus it's at the same price...

Eva 14th April 2004 11:54 AM

Most car-audio stuff is designed thinking so much in aesthetics and stupid fashion issues and so little in usefulness and 'auditive pleasure' that it results useless even for car-audio

Nearly all car-audio products are intended only for shows and marketing, having just nothing but fancy appearance to impress your friends