Mini VOT ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
scaled 0.7 and excess reflex volume removed, the cabinet would look more like a cute, ~20.75 wide, ~16.75" deep and maybe around 20-20" tall

total bulk around 4.3 cubic feet - a couple of these topped with a good horn plus
a tapped pipe sub might make a fun little system

power handling with a Kappa12a is only around 35w at 76Hz with the rather large
2 cubic foot reflex chamber

6UkbPMu.jpg

Last edited:
look at Burwell and Sons ICON and its prototypes - I've never heard of that company

ICON is stated as 22"x22"x28" in size - - deeper than 0.7X

12pe32 might be ok - - maybe too lean - its ok in a K12 -never have tried it in my RCA-Fan midbass horn.

would the 816 scale better to a 12? - I'm curious is such a thing is workable

Burwell & Sons ICON
Burwell and Sons Loudspeakers

Proto types - look at #14
Burwell and Sons Loudspeakers

Last edited:
wonder if there's already a hornresp model for 825/828?

my builder finally had time to buff the finish on a 0.83X Belle [/url]

Not that I'm aware of; I keep planning to do it to teach myself how to use HR's compound horn, but.......... :(

Cute! :up: :D

Attached stock size vent 825/828 if just a reflex. Note how high tuned, 'peaky' when not BH loaded, even such a crude one compared to the earlier posted response:

GM

Attachments

• 825_stock vent.txt
    1 KB · Views: 58
yeah - a horn on top would look more "proper" - I've never heard an A7 other than one in a local hi-fi shop around 1970 driven by solid state - might have had a symbiotic diaphragm CD as there were no high F's compared to other speakers. (AMT were popular then - that shop sold B&O, JBL, Advent and Design Acoustics speakers)

1970 was the Symbiotic's intro, so if a new A7, then it probably had them, though if SS driven with no CD horn EQ all the Altec 1" compression drivers at the time would roll off ~ 6 dB above ~ 1 kHz and drop like a stone above ~ 10 kHz. In either case the Symbiotic will sound much 'sharper' similar to a Ti diaphragm, so not really HIFI compared to the much 'smoother' alum. and later Pascalites.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.