Cat Proofing Speakers

I have just stopped my cats from getting into the living area. I keep the dining room door closed. Their baskets and scratch posts are in the dining room, this leads to the kitchen to the scullery to outside. I suddenly developed a bad allergy to their fur - so sorry my health first. But I still love them to bits - from a distance though.

my cat does not do nothing at speakers, it's like she is a bit affraid of the trembling drivers. And she does not climb on them, she got a whole garden with trees, bushes, a garden shed and so to climp upon and is most of the time outside. Only during the night or in very bad weather she comes inside to sleep in a cardboard box she found more comfortable then her cat bench...

Get a piece of clear cellophane, larger than the area of the speaker cabinet, scrunch it up, unfold it and put it under the speaker so that it covers an area about 6" larger than the speaker base. Cats seem to hate the feeling of it under their paws.

Looks a bit naff, but.

Geoff

You might try THIS:

hands-up.cat.jpg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
My two cats always knew to not mess with my speakers. But if you were making a jigsaw puzzle, forget about it. They would conveniently lie down in the middle of the puzzle as you were working it. They have both passed away a few years ago, living to the very old ages for cats, of 20 and 21. Both orange tabbies.

They were young cats in this photo from 1998:
95D22EC7-33D8-4EF8-B608-25EB91F1C16A.jpeg

Cat messed up speakers... I think the wife put him it catness protection program. I told her the last thing the cat work hear is, "Pull!" and the next day he was gone. All kidding aside, I would have seen to it he went to a no kill, but the cat was done in my house. Lucky he only got the grill and not the driver.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
Cat messed up speakers... I think the wife put him it catness protection program. I told her the last thing the cat work hear is, "Pull!" and the next day he was gone. All kidding aside, I would have seen to it he went to a no kill, but the cat was done in my house. Lucky he only got the grill and not the driver.
I once had a cat.
The damn thing got into everything whenever I was at work.
I come home to a mess, and even putting a barrier up to keep it in the kitchen, the damn thing would manage to jump over it and mess the place up.
Houseplants knocked over on the floor..
Toilet paper streaming down the hallway..
My prized palm tree.... leaves all chewed off..

I kicked that monster to the curb before my Advent speakers were on the menu.