Cat Proofing Speakers

PubOzhF.jpg

Alright I’ll be the un understanding jerk who wonders who is a pet to who.

Torn up stuff and a house that smells like cat or dog is something I just don’t understand nor will I live with.

I speaker proofed my two cats, they live outside, and always have.

Barry.

And I'll be the real un-understanding jerk who wonders why people get cats that are 'outside' cats. The neighborhood didn't vote that we wanted more cats roaming our yards killing everything with feathers (including humming birds) and using our flower beds as toilets. If as a group we are all going to get a pet we should get a say in it ;)

And I'll be the real un-understanding jerk who wonders why people get cats that are 'outside' cats. The neighborhood didn't vote that we wanted more cats roaming our yards killing everything with feathers (including humming birds) and using our flower beds as toilets. If as a group we are all going to get a pet we should get a say in it ;)

You will get no argument from me, I pretty much agree.

Lots of variables for sure. I live in a rural preserve where we can have just about anything but pigs. Theres horses and hay, sheep goats and chickens, and mice.

I have never brought a cat home, they adopt us but I limit it to two females and we get them spayed so we don’t contribute to the population. Everyone here (neighbors) agrees that nuisance cats get rounded up and get gone.

Barry.

Spikes

I had to let my wife get a kitten because she has been so understanding of my audio habit. Now he's a big boy, and used my speakers as a jumping-off point to the mantel and knocked off some pictures. His rear claws damaged the grill.
Spikes.jpg
I used these bird spikes. The cat stretched up and checked the sharpness with his mouth. He was on hind legs looking for a landing point and could not find one.

Hi Guys,

My new cat has caused some damaged to my newly DIY built stand mount speakers. He jumped on top by clawing his way up the front baffle tearing the rubber surround of my Satori MW16P-4 bass driver which will now have to be replaced by a new one.

I was wondering if anyone had any cat proofing ideas.

There is no front grill, I think a cloth grill would not have helped.
I don't know of any metal grills which fit the MW16P-4 very well.

Thanks.

Oh so sad