mbow1 pics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend of mine introduced me into the art of building speakers. I'm starting on my first pair of mbow1 speakers and was wondering if anybody has any pics to help me on my design? I'm going to build a truncated pyramid with the sub on the bottom so any pics would be extremely helpful. Thanks!!

I'm considering doing the same thing., maybe something like this. It's just a rough sketch, eventually I'll throw some detailed drawings together.

Attachments

• mbow3.jpg
    mbow3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 501
Dennis says that changing the baffle shape also alters the flat response characteristics of his crossover. Just thought that you should know his opinion. The effects however may be very minor. There were some pictures on the Madisound Board in 2004 of a variety of MBOW3 designs, one of which uses a trucated pyramid. Try a search there.

For inspiration, you might also check out Jim Salk's designs. He uses a floorstanding box with a pyramid top on some of his speakers. Try www.salksound.com.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.