T/S parameters of philips 8'' woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

I need to cross verify the T/S parameters of 8'' philips woofer I have measured recently.

I find these values a bit strange for a woofer.

Fs - 45
Vas - 2.070
Qes - 1.515
Qms - 6.755
Qts - 1.237

What kind of an enclosure is preferable for this woofer? My need
is a 3way tower.

Thank you

T/S parameters of 8'' philips woofer

Thank you sreten.

I am seeking little advise from my fellow Indian DIYers, because
the driver I mentioned above is an Indian philips woofer and I presume that someone might have tried it.

Finally our hunt for good drivers seems to have ended !!
There is a distributor in bangalore for Vifa drivers. At present they
have only few models on their list. Youcan view the details and
prices at www.corrson.com tel:9845517730

happy listnening

hi

thank god vifa is here , now i can take them model for model at indian prices

(seeing the tweeter price 1950 my aluminum dome - phase plug and all is 200 bucks)

good ive been waiting to take these guys on for quite a while !

even ready for an head to head competition

another 6 to 8 months and ill be geared and ready

oh by the way , the philips woofer i hate to say may not be a good choice as philips is not manufacturing it any more it s been sublet and the quality if raw material sourcing gone down

and there are a lot of duplicate philips going sround - infact each and every part is available loose in the delhi market including philips printed carton box all and delhi manfacturer has to do is puy it together

(i have seen a lot of duplicate boltons going around too - other than the models in which they have used imported cones like HW , KW ets)
try 2 peerless 8 inch if u can (as 1 8 inch is ****) or the vifa if u can afford it

suranjan

transducer design engineer

To buy Hunter's drivers.

hello Hunter,
I have been following diyaudio for quite some time now. I am keen to know when your products will be launched. As far as I have read from the posts here on diyaudio, I understand that you aim at launching quality products at competitive prices. Please do let me know if and where I can buy your products. I am based in Bangalore.

Thanks,
Linoj.

hunter audio said:
hi

thank god vifa is here , now i can take them model for model at indian prices

(seeing the tweeter price 1950 my aluminum dome - phase plug and all is 200 bucks)

good ive been waiting to take these guys on for quite a while !

even ready for an head to head competition

another 6 to 8 months and ill be geared and ready

oh by the way , the philips woofer i hate to say may not be a good choice as philips is not manufacturing it any more it s been sublet and the quality if raw material sourcing gone down

and there are a lot of duplicate philips going sround - infact each and every part is available loose in the delhi market including philips printed carton box all and delhi manfacturer has to do is puy it together

(i have seen a lot of duplicate boltons going around too - other than the models in which they have used imported cones like HW , KW ets)
try 2 peerless 8 inch if u can (as 1 8 inch is ****) or the vifa if u can afford it

suranjan

transducer design engineer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.