Thanks people!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th April 2004, 06:41 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks people!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great info I've learned on these pages. I started with a first subwoofer project 6 months ago using a 12" dayton titanic in a 2.5 cu. ft. sealed box. For the money I spent on it I am very happy with the result.

But it gets better...

Today I just finished up my first bookshelf speaker. I was going to start really simple with some vifa drivers, but then I found a pair of seas excel w17e002's on sale, and just couldn't pass it up. I then bought a set of seas excel T25CF001. I admit I took the easy way out and had madisound design the crossover, as I was a little scared of working with the magnesium cone, but the information I have learned here made it easy for me to look at the crossover and understand what the purpose of each component was. I also have learned alot about how to build and dampen a box. I decided on a .50 cu ft box tuned to ~42 hz.

I should have gone to sleep about 2 hours ago, but I can't stop listening to them. For the past two years I have been using a pair of Infinity Alpha 40 3-way speakers. While these seas don't have the power handling the Infinity's do, they sound awesome. At low-mid listening levels they definitely sound superior for about 1/3 the price. The biggest difference seems to be with female vocals and a smoother sounding upper end. They also play very nicely with the subwoofer I built earlier. Anyways, I will stop typing now. Thanks again everyone!! I'll try to get some pics soon, since they look sweet too. Plain MDF boxes are my favorite.

Hide this!Advertise here!