Dayton Audio PA200-8 and FaitalPRO 3FE22

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
I'm planning to use a preassembled 2k crossover for these, as it looks to me like the efficiency is about 92 db for both, and the response looks pretty good at 30 degrees off-axis. These will do double-duty as office speakers and for acoustic open-mic performances at a local restaurant. I'll cross them over to a 15" woofer at 80hz for live shows.

Other than overall comments whether you think this is a good/bad idea, my question is about the 3FE22. It is rated at 20 watts, but if it is crossed at 2k, how much power do you think it would handle? I'll be using my Crown amp, which is 550 watts into 4 ohms, so these will have the potential of being pushed with 275 watts each max.

Your comments will be appreciated.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I've been working on the design, and now it is a 2.5 way with a compression driver and a possible horn-loaded dome for 8khz and up. I will post it in a new thread. I am going to use the 3FE22s in a couple of 10" floor monitors in place of the piezos, crossed at 2k.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.