Parts Suppliers - Winnipeg and Canada

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am new to speaker building and I am looking for some Canadian or even Winnipeg distributors for parts (speakers and crossover parts).

Parts Express looks great, but you get soaked on shipping and duty.

Does anyone have any links for Canadian parts suppliers? What about Winnipeg, are there any stores that specialize in this sort of stuff?

Cheers,
GM.

GM:

Of course, I'm a bit biased - I work at Creative Audio. :) But we have a wide range of drivers, as well as all crossover components. We stock the Solen caps, as well as air-core inductors, resistors etc. etc. Speaker repair is one of our specialities. In the old days (before I started working there), we designed our own speakers.

Please come and visit us!

Hey all! In terms of speaker parts available in Winnipeg, I'm not really aware of any. If you wanted to tinker with whatevers available, you could pop by a couple of repair places to see if they have anything that previous owners never bothered to pick up. I know Columbia Radio has piles of unclaimed stereo equipment in the back . Others probably do too.
For filter components, you probably know of Active Electronics on Century. They have generic stuff--its worth a look through. But don't expect to find everything you're looking for. There is also Tip Top Electonics on St. James, but that store is even smaller.
If you are the impatient type, and have to order something, go with digikey for nearly everything electrical. $8.00 for shipping and I usually get my orders within 2-3 days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.