Bliesma T34 Tweeter

hi there,

I know that some of our users here have pre-ordered some of those new Bliesna T34 tweeters which are shipping now.

It's a brand new company, the owner and inventor was former developer at Morel and later product-engineer at Accuton.

Now he came up with his very own product. The T34 tweeter.
A 34mm (1.3") aluminium/magnesium alloy dome tweeter with varaible thickness.

Have a look at the specs yourself:
http://www.bliesma.de/product.html

In this thread I'd like to hear experience with this tweeter and discuss this product.
The price is 580€ (ex. VAT) for a pair.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it's going to be a small club for a little while. Mine just cleared customs. Should be here some time next week.

I'm going to put it through quite the torture test as it will paired with prosound components in an active tri-amped instrument monitor. They state I should be able to get up to 112-113db peaks crossed at 2khz LR24. With such wide dispersion I'm thinking it will be enough.

It was tested at 106db crossed at 1.3khz BW12 for hours on end with no damage. Sounds quite rugged for a direct radiating dome.

Obviously there is no warranty for burned voicecoils. Wish me luck :smash:

Edit: Also have some aluminum cone SB Acoustics 6" drivers on the way. They should match up nicely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Looks like it should be here on Thursday. I did test the SB Acoustics and found them to be a very clean accurate sounding midwoofer. I do wish they were more efficient however.

If I were to make an active two-way monitor with these I would probably go with a 6"- 8" from AudioTechnology, Morel (coppersleeve), Satori, or even a prosound component from B&C and similar high quality manufacturers.

Lots of great options out there. It will come down to your desired low end extension and spl requirements. A lot of doors are opened with active crossovers and a tweeter capable of crossing low.

For no particular reason I was just recalling how impressed I was (decades ago) with the Dynaco A50, and speculating that the wide baffle had something to do with its distinctive presentation, when compared with the other usual suspects in the hifi shop. Too bad I will not be able to buy these...

This is a serious dome.

I come from a prosound background so I'm used to high output compression drivers that would leave many direct radiating domes fried in a matter of seconds. For my latest project, a prosound based live instrument monitor, I was set on a compression driver mounted directly on the baffle for extra wide dispersion. When I saw the review of the T34 I knew I had give it a try.

I recently received a Faital Pro HF146R. A 1.4" exit driver with a 2.5" dome. This model was specifically designed to sound less harsh at high levels. Initial tests were positive with a LR24 highpass at 2khz. Still got that bright icepick sound at high volumes but not as bad as other drivers I've heard.

The T34 was substituted, level matched, and eq'd to the same level as the HF146R. The Faital is about 9db's more senitive with impedance taken into account. To my surprise the Bliesma is able to achieve a subjectively cleaner sound at levels that would have me reaching for the volume control with most compression drivers.

How loud are we talking? With my live bright tone bass guitar (Marcus Miller to Les Claypool) I was clipping a 4 ohm 10PR300 with one channel of a PLD4.5 (2000w peaks) bandpassed between 330-2khz. Hard to hear yourself yell.

The top octave is obviously cleaner and more extended than the HF146R. I haven't had the pleasure of a hearing a Beryllium domed compression driver. The T34 should hold up very well in any domestic setting with its massive output capabilities and clean performance.

Test area shown below. Yes...the setup is far from optimized but that's part of the fun! Building is 60x40x16 feet. An 18 Sound 10NDA610 is on the way to join the party. Should make for a potent 3-way box with a pair of BMS 15N850's.

Attachments

• test setup.jpg
    test setup.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 1,678
Last edited:
Really is a fantastic tweeter. If the wide dispersion pattern fits your subjective goals I don't see much out there that can quite match what it does.

I would pair it with a nice prosound 8" crossed around 1.3khz for home use. Add in woofers to taste.

I hope he comes out with a mid dome that can go down to 250hz.

Really is a fantastic tweeter. If the wide dispersion pattern fits your subjective goals I don't see much out there that can quite match what it does.

I would pair it with a nice prosound 8" crossed around 1.3khz for home use. Add in woofers to taste.

I hope he comes out with a mid dome that can go down to 250hz.

The dispersion could be "tuned" to taste by use of a shallow waveguide, which would also facilitate placement closer to baffle edges and as a bonus:
provide some extra boost in the 800-8000Hz range.
I am quite confident this tweeter goes well with an 8" or 10".

Last edited:

Wavecor?

Wavecor can hardly compete with BliESMA. Less sensitive, lower Xmax and lower power handling.

For now nothing can compete, in my opinion - comparing only with direct radiators, not horns and compression drivers, of course.

Last edited: