Crossover design problems/suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Something to realize is that traditional Passive layouts are generally safer ( impedance wise ) than the somewhat esoteric layouts such as what are now being most recently talked about here in this thread.

- You might want to spend some time redesigning according to those safer principals ( as seen in the first handful of posts ).

OTOH, the following is also esoteric ( but I've added some resistance in various places to increase the overall impedance level ).
- this was done using a pair of your older files ( 1.45" was used as the offset > so I don't know how accurate this will translate ultimately ).

It's presented more as an example on how to make some FR compromises ( while increasing overall impedance ).

I can't see beyond 20K and can only guess that the impedance at 50K ( or even 100K ) is still alright ( & stable ) for a typical PA amp.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mo-em-1.45in_Hi+Lo.png
    mo-em-1.45in_Hi+Lo.png
    52 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Another circuit to have look at. The circuit was designed based on the last measurements and delay findings (post#37). The biggest difference can be seen around 4kHz. The original circuit trace (green) shows a 5dB raise which likely comes from breakups of the Monacor driver. New midwofer filter has 10dB more attenuation @4kHz and this area is left to be served by the tweeter.
The circuit doesn't look simple but don't be cheated with the number of coils, wchih is 5, as 2 of them are microscopic and cost little more than resistors.

Attachments

• moem20.03.jpg
    moem20.03.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 65
  • mo-em-1.45inch_ph_meas22.03.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 18
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.