Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Cabinet maker in Canada, Quebec
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th March 2018, 08:59 PM   #11
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

With 2 SDX12 per box i am surprised he did not take advantage of the (huge) gains possible from push-push loading of the drivers. The active vibration cancelation dramatically reduces the box load.

Chris built a pair of boxes for push-push SDX10 out of 15mm braced BB. One could pick up the boxes with one hand… add the drivers and it was near a 2-man lift (at least for old men ). It took a heroic effort to get any of the box panels to move (only succeded in getting the top to vibrate). Chris is probably right in how heavy those boxes with front facing woofers would need to be.

dave

PS: i have a customer with a cabinet builder (north of TO i think) but i haven’y yet made contact with him.

Cabinet maker in Canada, QuebecHide this!Advertise here!