Senon YD1256U OB-project in progress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thought i might share my latest project. Its a open baffle design using the Senon driver found at http://spectrumaudio.de in Germany. Some might notice the striking resemblence to Bastanis "Prometheus" and yes, its the same. Only difference is that i use 19 mm MDF instead. No calculation preeceded this project. I just though it might be fun to build something :) Hopefully it wont sound too bad....

Next on the agenda is cutting the holes for the drivers. Also, i´m thinking of using a TangBand tweeter for the top end. Got two 28-847S that might be suitable.

Has anyone else on this forum bought these drivers ? It might be interresting to swap hints and experience about them.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Happy DIY:ing :D Regards // Mattias - Sweden

Ok. Both speakers are completed. Initial trail run revealed....well, not so great sound. The lack of higher frequenzies is wery prominent. They really do need aid from a tweeter. Also, in this perticular OB the sound is "jar" like ( for lack of a better word ). I will try to add some stuffing to see if the sound improves.

For the second listening i added a Apex Jr ribbon. Much better. The design has some potential so i will keep on tweaking.

Next on the agenda. A real crossover. Going for 6 db to begin with. Stuffing och some bracing of the baffle. And most important. The Senons need to be played a bit to loosen up.

Regards // Mattias S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.