Speakers for bedroom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im currently making two pairs of speakers, one which just needs veneer to complete it. The other is a small MTM im building for my mum and dads room, they have recently got a computer in it (now we have three) and thus sound so I offered to make some speakers.

These use two Audax (now discontinued I found the second pair on ebay for £10 for the pair) AT080M0 per cab and a pair of cheapo audax tweets but by no means rubbish! These are small floorstanders about 65cm tall. 12.5 litre ported tuned to about 55hz which gives and f3 of about 50hz! not bad for a 3" driver.
I already have had the single pair of woofs and tweets for about 5years in a TM.

These currently have no xover and are being played active using the KX drivers for Emu10k soundcards.

Tumorrow Im gonna measure them and design an xover. LSPcad to the rescue again!

Obvisously these speakers max SPL is limited but what they do produce sounds nothing short of superb and thats without a well designed xover. More expensive drivers do sound better, obviously, but for what they are brilliant. When I have designed the xover if anyone wants plans for them just send me an email, some AT080MO's are still around on ebay.

Matt

P.S. sorry for the not so good pics 100k aint a lot to play with, yes I know its not 100k but makin it bigger makes it too big physically:xeye:

Attachments

• mtm.jpg
    mtm.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 250
hey, I think you gotta get one of those bed shakers

instead of speakers you should get 4 big solenoids and mount each of the bed posts onto one, then make a set of robotic servo amps driven by a set of H-Bridge (LMD18200) chips.

Pulse width modulation should help your love life.

In the U.S. we have to pay 25c in a motel to get this kind of service and it only lasts a couple minutes. You could do it all night!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Re: hey, I think you gotta get one of those bed shakers

jackinnj said:
instead of speakers you should get 4 big solenoids and mount each of the bed posts onto one

I think 5th Element lives with his parents.

I was barely allowed 8" woofers let alone a girl in my bedroom.

But,
I like the idea.
Solenoids eh?

Mmm... not sure...
Sounds too much like hemorrhoids.

Oh oh...got to get a grip...must stop...TMI

Yes Cal is in fact correct I do live with my parents and these speakers are for them in their room! Im only 19 in my first year of uni.

Barely allowed 8" drivers in your room thats not fair my parents dont care what speakers I have, they like the hobby. I mean you cant go into a room in this house without finding a pair of speakers.

My main speakers are XLS10, Seas Excel W15cy001 and a Scan d2905/97 tweet. Active xover.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.