Ess Gas Tower 1.3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The new ESS - GAS TOWER 1.3
Best ragards Alex

Attachments

• gas tower.jpg
    gas tower.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 996
Impressive craftsmanship, superb design. All midbass drivers are in parallel to boost sensitivity, right? I bet that array can deliver some serious bass despite the small diameter drivers. How about baffle diffractions from the tweeter? Any sign of it? Just a pure horn loading effect?

ESS Gas Tower

Hi,

I have not the ESS Gas Tower 1.3, I have the ESS AMT 1E.

The pictures are from studio Claus Bücher.
It´s very good studio with nice expert advice.

The ESS Gas Tower gives it as self-construction kit, but isn´t exactly ESS Gas Tower with the consumer ESS G.T. of Audio Intl´l

pic
rear view of the Air Motion Transformer

Attachments

• ess 1.jpg
    ess 1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 432
some more info plz

Hi,

I am trying to decide on which loudspeakers to build.
They will be driven by 2x Jadis JA30 monoblocks. (30 watts of glorious music, not audio)

Could you please give us some input on pricing, ease of drive, and most importantly, how do they sound ???

1st order xovers and a heil amt + excell drivers sounds potentially interesting to me...

Have you had the chance of listening to the smaller 2 way version of the ESS Gas Towers ?
(I yet have to fall in love with a 3 way system ,,,, mission impossible ? )

Many thanks,

B

PD >>

At the moment I have a pair of alnico Klipsch La Scalas at home with the AA xovers, but do not find them musically satisfying.

I quite like the Living Voice Avatars, but they are already above my budget and i haven´t found yet a 2nd hand pair. I guess that is suppossed to be a compliment for them, since they are selling quite a few of them here in the UK.

The Big Fun horns with fostex drivers are very enjoyable, althought they are way to big to have at home, at least if I want to keep away from a divorce court. They don´t have proper bass slam, althought that is something i can live without.

Supravox in open baffle are nice, but they do not provide me the sound I am looking for.

The amphion kripton sounded nice being driven by 120w rogue audio monoblocks, but again are way out of my budget and I have serious doubts my Jadis JA30 monoblocks would be able to drive them properly...

Another loudspeaker I feel very curious about is the Oris horn,,,, although I have never been able to hear to one of them.

Hi, this is an older post but since it is about those LS i desided to post some pictures. I have made them allmost myself (with some help from Klaus, Maximilian u. Dirk). Still waiting for Passive Radiators so they are not complete done.

I wanted them black so here they are:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.