What number and kind of speakers do you have at home

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmmm. Let's see.

1 pair Infinity RS-5b's. 10" polycone woofers, 3" dome mid, EMIT ribbon tweeters - no longer in use, but were my main speakers for many years
1 pair Infinity 1500's. 8" papercone woofers, 1" dome tweeters - used in my garage because they make a lot of noise.
1 pair Ariels. 2 x Vifa P13WH 5.25" woofers, Scan Speak D9500 tweeters, active crossovers - my main speakers in the loungeroom presently.
1 pair P13WH 2 way "diyAudio reference" speakers, with Vifa D27TG45 tweets - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/25590-diyaudio-reference-speaker-project.html#post300430 - used in my bedroom.
1 pair "noisePlank" Vifa TG9 fullrange transmission lines - used in my accommodation at work.
1 pair "noiseUnit" SB12PFC woofer, Vifa NE19VTS tweeter baby transmission lines with active crossovers - used as PC speakers in my study.

Plus a couple of TG9's, six SB12NRX's, a couple more NE19VTS's. I have a few more rooms in my house that need speakers.

I'm nowhere near as bad as some.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Living Room:
Morel MW144 Morel DMS37 MTM's Vifa M26WR-09-08 "subs"

Experiment: SB Acoustics SB12MNRX25-4 in small BR boxes for computer.

Past Phillips AD02110 Dome Midranges and various phillips dome tweeters, some fabric some mylar (they were an expendable item at parties :rolleyes: for a while there were some motorola piezo's when it got too expensive changing tweeters regularly... These were in a three way originally with plessey 12" drivers, but later with the Vifa M26WR-09-08's

Tony.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Main system per side: 4x4"dayton reference aluminum mid, hivi ribbon tweeter, 2x 15" jamo woofers

Projection system: jbl/selenium horn tweeter, 2x 5" tesla mid, 12" pioneer woofer, plus 12" blaupunkt sub

Bedroom system: Philips dome tweeter and dome mid on top of 2x 5" dayton isobaric midbass, plus sub

Guest room: Horn loaded ribbon tweeter and 5" aurum cantus midbass with two 15" subs

Speaker lab room/where i do most soldering: Hivi ribbon tweeter, 2x dayton dome mid in close mtm, 15" jamo woofers.

Loose finished bookshelves: jbl/selenium horn tweeter and 5" faitalpro midbass, hivi ribbon and 5" faitalpro midbass, betsy coax with dayton dome tweeter fixed in the center, beston ribbon and 5" aurum cantus midbass, 2x tc9fd and dayton dome mtm,
various aiwa, pioneer and radio shack bookshelves

Loose few hundred aura mids and tweeters for another line array...

Last edited:
Pliedtka,

The SB15NRX is special, its been used as a fullrange with no harshness up top (for reference, my hearing rolls off past 16khz )

The SB15NAC is similar but more refined.

These sound like paper but cleaner than the NRX.

We have compared the SB17CAC to the SB17NRX and found the CAC to be more detailed, dynamic and more "coherent" if thats even possible.

The NRX is slightly comparatively splashy and yes sounded very boring BEFORE BREAK IN. I heard the SB17NRX again after it was used for a few weeks and it was decent.

Chris, any experience with SB17 or 15CAC ceramic cones and how do they compare to the rest NRX and NAC. Supposedly CAC is way more detailed than NRX (some say it's boring) but I'm worried if there isn't some splashiness added :confused:

Eighteensound 12'' and 15'' and 1.5'' compression drivers 600W RMS
Selenium compression drivers 180W above 2 Khz
Eminence Kilomax
Yamaha DXR Series 1000W
Turbosound IQ Series 2000W
Behringer 12'' Mp3 (1000W on Box)
Sony Mains and Bose Video speakers in my 5.1 bedroom system. 60-100W
Logitech 5.1 & Creative on computer.
JBL portable Bluetooth
Focal on my car's doors. Pioneer sub under seat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.