Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Visaton W200S + TW70
Visaton W200S + TW70
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2018, 05:32 AM   #31
system7 is offline system7  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

If you had read the whole thread you would know I have already discussed a circuit specific and suitable for the Visaton drivers:

Click the image to open in full size.

Visaton W200S + TW70

At some point you have to just get on with it. You might even find some components need slight adjustment to your taste and the room acoustic and placement. I also do circuits that tend to work with most well-behaved drivers. This, I feel is a useful approach for diy. We can't always get exactly what we want, so compromise a little.

If you have a promising equivalent driver, we can look at what adjustments might be good. Loudness adjustment, reflex or closed box, adjusting impedance correction for woofer inductance etcetera. This is the hobby, and the outcome depends on your skill. And you find that it is not very critical sometimes. The perfect can be the enemy of the good.

Last edited by system7; 26th January 2018 at 05:53 AM.
Old 26th January 2018, 01:40 PM   #32
Mrcloc is offline Mrcloc  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Nice to see another Visaton 2-way build. Steve helped me a lot. What Lojzek says about these drivers doing well in a large sealed enclosure is good advice. What I found is that these drivers are listed as woofers for a reason. They don't do midrange as well as they say. I believe in flattening the woofer's impedance with resistor and capacitor.

As for the Alto II, the crossover doesn't look sufficient - it can be better. My 2-way W170S+SC10N has very tight bass (or defined, should I say).

A suggestion could be to use a full-range driver for a tweeter, like the B80. Something like attached to show what could be done. Inner dimensions of box: 85x19x27 cm, sealed. I'm not any expert, so I'm sure there are issues with the crossover, but if you went this direction, perhaps this is a starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by system7 View Post
At some point you have to just get on with it.
Attached Images
File Type: png XO.png (10.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: png FR.png (19.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png Phase.png (18.2 KB, 16 views)

Visaton W200S + TW70Hide this!Advertise here!