Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

How long does it take to "design" a speakers?
How long does it take to "design" a speakers?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd January 2018, 09:26 PM   #21
chrisb is offline chrisb
diyAudio Member

or by "sounds alright?"
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:28 PM   #22
dvjorge is offline dvjorge  United States
diyAudio Member

I don't know if this is as easy as to say this speaker sounds good and the other sound bad. I have listened to brand speakers that sound totally different. I have my preferences an my friends their. My point is I assume good brand speakers should be well designed and evaluated. Let say Kef, Mission, Epos, Canton, to mention some brands, all have the resources to design speakers, so why do they sound different ??? Not everybody chose or prefer the same speaker when you listen to a demo. Even trying them with the same electronic and sources, they sound different. If the final word about how an speaker sounds is the result of good electrical and acoustic measurements, most of the well designed speakers have to be considered goods. Tannoy has its signature sound, JBL his too, as well as vintage Altec, and many other brands. It is hard to say if one of them is a bad sounding speaker or if one of them is the absolute winner, but they are there to satisfy different preferences. If you design one and you are happy with the sound, it is a success. Why someone could last two years to reach this point ?? I think this is exaggerated.

Last edited by dvjorge; 3rd January 2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:28 PM   #23
Zvu is offline Zvu  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
I think you're trying to avoid the subject since this is online so you could afford to. It's really simple. If it takes two years then simple division gives you the answer. That is unless as I said before if you're trying to avoid the subject.
I'm not actually trying to avoid anything. You are making it too simplistic and schematic and i just enjoy how much emotions you are investing into making others to share your attitude that this guy who made his speakers for 2 years is incompetent.

Last edited by Zvu; 3rd January 2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:31 PM   #24
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Is the subject still string length?
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:32 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Yup
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:32 PM   #26
andy2 is offline andy2  United States
Sin Bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvu View Post
I'm not actually trying to avoid anything. You are making it too simplistic and schematic and i just enjoy how much emotions you are investing into making others to share your attitude that this guy who made his speakers for 2 years is incompetent.
Actually I don't care for the guy. I was only using it as an example unfortunately. Kind of interesting that you "enjoy". That is very odd.
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:34 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Actually I don't care for the guy. I was only using it as an example unfortunately. Kind of interesting that you "enjoy". That is very odd.
Well yes. I'm at peace with my oddity Things that are unusual amuse me
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:38 PM   #28
Sin Bin

Quote:
Well yes. I'm at peace with my oddity Things that are unusual amuse me
Weird.
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:39 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Weird.

Weird is interesting.

Question is, as always - why ?

You could just ask - how long does it take to design a loudspeaker ? - But you have not. You painted it with negativity at that guy, so I do wonder - why ? Not to mention acting like you know the system by which Troels designs his speakers. That is weird

Last edited by Zvu; 3rd January 2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:41 PM   #30
Sin Bin

Quote:
Weird is interesting.

Question is, as always - why ?

You could just ask - how long does it take to design a loudspeaker ? - But you have not. You painted it with negativity at that guy, so I do wonder - why ? That is weird
Weird.

How long does it take to "design" a speakers?Hide this!Advertise here!