Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Best waveguide under 17.75x6.75" mouth for The Selenium D220Ti
Best waveguide under 17.75x6.75" mouth for The Selenium D220Ti
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2018, 07:20 AM   #81
Rational35 is offline Rational35  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rational35 View Post

I've been trying to buy some EOS-6 and EOS-8 from Erich. He says he still has some cases of them *somewhere* but can't find them just now...
I didn't want to leave this comment dangling on a negative note. Erich located his stock of small EOS waveguides that were listed on the old diysoundgroup.com site, and went beyond the call of duty to make sure I got what I was looking for, for a nice price. A pleasure to deal with, if you understand his busy-ness and have a bit of patience.
Old 12th July 2018, 10:00 PM   #82
Patrick Bateman is offline Patrick Bateman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hweb View Post
The venerable QSC waveguide (no longer available) is awesome. This one: B-52 PHRN-1014 1" Horn 10" x 14" Bolt-On appears to be identical. It should unload at around 1050Hz. The PH612 should unload at around 1400Hz, so if you plan on mating this with a 15" woofer you might prefer the larger waveguide.
Nice catch.

I've built speakers with the QSC waveguide, the PRV clone of it, the 18 Sound XT1086 and the Pyle PH612.

Some random observations:

1) this appears to be the PRV clone. It has a different mounting plate than the QSC

2) the BMS and JBL ring radiators work exceptionally well on the PH612. (It was designed for them.)

3) the XT1086 is basically my "go-to" horn. The other two are nice, but the 18 Sound is hard to beat at it's size.

4) if you can live with a big cabinet, go for the QSC clone

All of these waveguides have measurements in "the great waveguide list"
Old 13th July 2018, 12:44 AM   #83
StainlessSteve is offline StainlessSteve  United States
diyAudio Member

That is definitely the horn I plan to go with. I suppose the design is going to end up like an econowave. I have yet to measure the Thiele small parameters of the 15"s I have. I got the cabinets for free with blown piezo horns, here is what they are: PS-115 Full Range, 2-Way Speaker With 15″ Woofer, 5″x15″ Horn – Nady Systems, Inc.
The stock horn with stock drivers sounds absolutely horrible and they actually posted a FR.
Old 13th July 2018, 07:07 PM   #84
hweb is offline hweb
diyAudio Member

Patrick Bateman - Have you tried the Peerless DFM2544 with the QSC/PRV/B52 waveguide? I was hoping that with the relatively large Xmax (0.3mm) I could get the combo to go down low enough to meet up with a JBL 2226. I'm not too concerned with the CD's non-linearity as I can EQ with DSP (it will be an active system). I am planning to build a sealed 2.5 foot^3 cabinet placed right up against the wall which should net me an f-6db of 35Hz. Add a little DSP low frequency boost and it should be OK without subs for music.

My plan B is to go to a 12" mid-woof. Perhaps a Dayton PA310, or if win the lottery a TD12H, both of which could reach a little higher (~1kHz)

Best waveguide under 17.75x6.75" mouth for The Selenium D220TiHide this!Advertise here!