Designing model accuracy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apologies if this isn't the correct forum - feel free to move it to appropriate forum mods.

So I've been trying to design a 2 way MTM speaker with 2 SB23MFCL45-8s wired in parallel in a sealed box. so far so good. Now ideally this should be the simplest to design as the most crucial physical parameter for the enclosure is the volume.

Say I'm picking a Qtc of about .9

But I'm getting two different values for the volume if I use Unibox vis-a-vis Vance Dickason's charts. Like drastically different ones. While Dickason's value's closer to 22L, Unibox comes in closer to 14L. That's almost a 36% reduction. sounds insane. As per Dickason, that volume will give me a QTC of about 1.1

Should they be different?

And if so, which would be closer to the actual value I'd get? I understand it's unlikely to be exactly the same and I even get a 10-15% deviation but this is a bit extreme.

So to make an mtm you would need a box internal dims ~60x25xD cm, let's say D is 30cm
, your box is then 6*2.5*3=45 liters. How would you even make 14l box for this MTM?

The more you try to jam a speaker in a smaller box and stuff it, the more bass you lose. There are no foolproof stuffing models out there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.