NWWA DIY Audio Meet 2004 NEWS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A correction to something earlier.

Registration is closed for persons wishing to bring equipment, however, for those that just want to come check it out registration will remain open for one more week. I need that time to determine how much food to buy.

SPECIAL OFFERS

Creative Sound Solutions is offering special inventory reduction pricing on all their products to attendees of the Meet. If there is a CSS product you would like send an e-mail to sales@creativesound.ca
to let Bob know.

Adire Audio will also have special offers on selected items.

Tomorrow's the day. Food, Fun and Music! Adire Audio, Creative Sound and RAW Acoustics will be selling stuff cheap, so some smart shoppers will get great deals. Al Wooley e-mailed me and said he didn't want to drag all that stuff back across the border.
Anyway, pics will be posted for those that can't make it.

The first coat of Profin is drying on the upper cabs of my Bob Brine MLTL's right now. I have rushed as quickly as possible to get the veneer, stain and finish on them but I am definately squeezed for time.

Really should have three coats minimum to bring out the beauty of the veneer but I think they will be fine in the looks compartment. Will put Profin on the bases AM tomorrow (7 ish) and hope it will be dry to handle at 10 when I have to go help pick up Gillespies' 175lb Tulmults from his third floor listening room.

I have to say that they were a huge labor to build even with my background but do appreciate them now. I hope the Seattle crowd will like their fit and finish and will post some pics after weekend of them with stain and top coats.

Well it's good to know that I wasnt the only one working hard for this thing. :cool: But I think it will be a lot of fun. Dan's set up some cool things to show you guys, including how to rebuild a driver. I can't wait to see some of the things you guys have been working on. Especially a miltiple Tumult subwoofer. We have a lot of stuff for sale cheap. This includes some interesting prototype items Dan has worked on like Shiva's with shorting rings, or Eminence Beta 10's with XBL^2. Plus there are a couple tables with misc drivers Dan has collected over the years from many different companies. It's going to be like an audio geeks candy store. I hope your ears don't get cavities. ;)

Well, I will see you guys tomorrow.

Steven Kephart
Adire Audio

Hi Everyone!
Well, judging by most of the comments it was a pretty successful meet. There are some things I would do different next time but all in all a nice get together. Those of you that took pictures, if you would please do some nice editing, get them down to web size and e-mail them to me I'll try to assemble a nice pictorial of the event.
Thanks.
Tim

Here's one pic I took of Dan Wiggins giving a presentation on design and construction of audio drivers. Excellent job Dan!

Attachments

• danwtalk.jpg
    danwtalk.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 113
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.